Have you ever thought about what motivates people to buy from you? While some sales gurus may preach the “always be selling” approach, understanding your market and their reasons for buying is necessary for success in sales. With the growth of social media as a vehicle to market your business, it is even more important to understand how to use these tools and follow best practices to protect your brand.
Discover Why Your Customers Buy From You
You may have heard the phrase “People don’t like to be sold but they love to buy!” by bestselling author, Jeffrey Gitomer. In his book, Little Red Book of Selling, he shares the following 10 reasons why people will buy from you.
- I like you.
- I understand what I am buying.
- I perceive a value in the product / service.
- I have confidence in you.
- I trust and believe you.
- I feel there is a fit between my needs and the product/service.
- The price is fair.
- I perceive the product / service will increase my productivity.
- I perceive the product / service will increase my profits.
- I perceive my sales person is trying to help build my business.
Do you know why your customers buy from you? Your job is to find a link or connection between what you do and what they need. If you don’t know the reason, you need to ask.
Follow the Five Habits for Success
If people don’t want to be sold, then your role is to help them buy. People do business with people, not brands, so creating habits that will provide opportunities for relationships to form will help you transition into the “assistant buyer” role and away from being perceived as a pushy salesperson. Continue reading