In case you were wondering why LinkedIn looks different, LinkedIn has made a few key design changes to the homepage!
According to LinkedIn’s release, the changes are to make it easier to discover and interact with what matters most to you. The new design will be gradually rolled out to all members, so if you don’t see it yet, it’s coming to your home page soon.
Here’s a screen shot of the new design at the top of the home page and beneath the image you’ll find details about the changes.
Here are some of the new features and key changes:
1. Keep In Touch Box – Found in the top right of the homepage, the Keep in Touch box consolidates your connections’ updates such as birthdays, profile updates, new jobs, work anniversaries, and more.
2. The most popular actions and profile information is now front and center at the top of the homepage, next to your profile photo.
From here, you can click links to:
- See who’s viewed your profile
- Who’s viewed your updates
- Edit your profile
- View your connections
- View suggested jobs, and more
The type of information available in this section varies by your activity on LinkedIn and rotates on a daily basis. You may not see the same statistics every day. Other statistics that were listed on the right side of the homepage can now be found in this section.
3. Sharing an update hasn’t changed.
4. People You May Know – This feature is revealed after clicking through the updates in the Keep in Touch box.
5. Ads are now directly below the Keep in Touch box.
6. The You Recently Visited feature has been removed from the homepage.
7. We did lose these two features that I found useful. On the right side of your home page you could see the metrics for each of your status updates i.e. number of views, likes, comments and you could see the reach of your network. This is now gone.
8. The ability to filter the timeline has changed and we no longer have all the options previously available to filter the content in your news feed. Now you can only filter by Top Updates and Recent Updates.
Do you find the changes helpful or do you miss some of the features or the old look?