With over 25 years of marketing experience in the corporate world and then close to 10 years as an entrepreneur (if you do the math, I’m in my 50s), I’ve learned how to sort through the hype and find the right strategies, tools and tactics to market your business – so you don’t have to figure it out on your own. As a recovering corporate professional – someone who has taken the daring leap to move from employee to entrepreneur – I have learned how to build a business and a brand. In fact you can read more about that in this article. My journey has taken me from New Jersey, New Orleans, a cross country trip, and now Savannah, while officially hanging my shingle as Elkay Advisors, LLC and the founder of Get Visible Academy.
Giving Up the 9-5
Yes, having your own business can give you freedom, but it’s hard to shake off the old ways you are taught as a slave to the 9-5 grind. But if you’ve decided to trade in the corporate salary for a Life, there’s a lot to learn when it comes to establishing your company’s online presence in this digital world. I’m here to help you do it without spinning your wheels following the next bright shiny object.
I have been fortunate to have clients who are thought leaders in the professional services industry, finance, retail, publishing, and creative arts; entrepreneurs and business owners; and non-profit and community service organizations.
Working with the ASBDC
As a consultant to America’s Small Business Development Centers in New Jersey and Georgia, I’ve counseled hundreds of small business owners on how to use social media to promote and build their businesses. I was honored to work with the NJSBDC at Brookdale Community College to co-create and teach the Digital Blueprint Certificate Program. If you are an SBDC and looking to expand your social media footprint, learn more about my SBDC offerings here.
I went back to get my Master of Arts degree in corporate and public communication from Monmouth University 20 years after receiving my Bachelor of Arts degree in communications from the University of Dayton. It’s never too late to continue to learn. My lifelong learning in the digital and social media arena keeps me on my toes.
Things to know about Lisa…
- In 2015, I drove cross country and now have visited 41 of the 50 United States. And so many things have been checked off my bucket list!
- I’m a total geek and love spending hours learning the latest technology.
- I am an avid New Orleans Saints football fan since 1984 (I lived in New Orleans for five years when I could survive it!).
- I have to live near water – don’t ask why– I just do.
- I have six siblings and I’m second to the youngest (because everyone asks where I fall in line).
- You can find me listening to live, original music as often as I can, and sharing a bottle of wine with friends.