You’ve heard that using video to market your business can bring incredible results. But do the benefits outweigh the effort it takes to create a video and put it online?
In a word, YES! Shooting a video, editing and formatting it, uploading it to the Internet with the right title and description takes a bit of time. But the payoff for video marketing can be tremendous.
Here are seven real benefits of marketing with video:
1. Personal connection. The personal connection with your potential market is a huge selling factor. With video, your audience can truly get to know you, see you and get a sense of your personality. They get to see that you are indeed a real, live person. They start building a deeper relationship with you and feel as if they actually have met you.
2. Trust. There’s an old proverb: “Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.” It can be very easy to be a fake and a fraud online. People are skeptical about claims they read online—and rightfully so. But video puts a face to your words and makes you more believable and trustworthy. And people will only buy from businesses and individuals that they trust.
3. Traffic. People are watching 8 BILLION+ videos per day on Facebook alone! That’s a whole lot of traffic you’re missing if you’re not marketing yourself with video. It’s free and easy to add your video to a large number of the video sites available online.
4. Emotional influence. The classic horror movie is a great example of how audio alone has an emotional effect on us. The creepy music comes in, immediately cluing you in that something bad is about to happen. Now, imagine combining that audio with powerful video cues to influence the emotions of the listener and create a much more compelling message than with just text alone.
5. Portability. Maybe even more so then articles and e-books, video is portable. Smartphones, tablets and all kinds of other devices allow video to be seen on the go. You can also allow people to download video easily so they can view it over and over again.
6. Demonstrations. Reviews, case studies and examples are great ways to sell products and services. It’s the reason why infomercials make millions of dollars. Now there’s no need for you to be annoying to make money with video, you just need to create videos that show and tell your potential customers why your product will be helpful for them.
7. Engagement. There are many reports available online to show that video boosts response and conversion rates. When someone is watching a video, you have their full attention—eyes and ears. Unlike with the written word, they’re not likely skip ahead or gloss over important information. Most people will watch a video from beginning to end, allowing you to clearly create a message and call to action that engages your audience.
Overall, video is an effective marketing strategy that continues to grow in popularity. Since video is here to stay, it’s time to check out the options and see how quick and easy video marketing can be.
Are you interested in learning more about social media and using video? Watch my video series “Q&A With Lisa K.”
Author’s content used under license, © Claire Communications