Wayne Breitbarth, LinkedIn expert and author of “The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success: Kickstart Your Business, Brand and Job Search” was a guest on Blog Talk Radio 30 Minute Business Dig and shared his best tips to getting the most out of this social media platform in just 15 minutes a day!
First, the there are two basic principles you need to follow with LinkedIn: 1) the more connections you have the better it will work for you, and 2) you must include keywords and personal branding stories in your profile.
According to Wayne, a great rule of thumb is “100 and 100,” which means get at least 100 connections and get your profile completed to 100%.
Here are Wayne’s top 6 tips to building your business using LinkedIn in 15 minutes a day.
- Make sure you respond to the messages in your inbox. Be responsive to people or you will miss opportunities.
- Be sure to invite the people you’ve met recently. Be proactive by inviting people to connect with you and do not use the standard (default) invitation message in your request. Give the person a reason to connect. Also do not to do it from your mobile device, since this will only use the default message. Once you connect, see if you can follow up in person.
- Go through the previous discussions in your groups or post your own discussion. Share your expertise, and people will see you as the key authority in that space. Jump into discussions and help people.
- Review status updates from the previous day.
- Be sure to post your own status updates. Best practice – get started with one a day between 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Always have a link on your status update for more information.
- Stay on top of your friends and who they are meeting because you might want to meet those people too. Use the “recently connected” feature.
Wayne tips on using LinkedIn in 15 minutes a day can be downloaded on this PDF doc. Listen to the entire interview below.