Are you ready to make the most out of 2011?
Have you noticed that suddenly everyone “wakes up” after Labor Day? I call it the “Back to School” mode. During the summer months, and especially in August, most people are in “Vacation Mode”, so when September hits, everyone realizes we only have four months left of this year and we better get moving.
Are you ready to re-engage and get the most out of this year? The first eight months are gone and the economy is not going to change in the next four months, so what are you going to do to complete the year on a positive note?
Here are seven steps to help you get started.
- De-clutter and get organized. If you have a pile of papers on your desk and some filing that needs to be done, do it now. Clear your area and complete tasks that have been there since the summer months. Use the 3 D’s when sorting – Do it, Delegate it, Discard it.
- Review your goals. Now that you have a clean slate, look at the goals that you set for this year. (You didn’t set goals? Then read this article. Create 3-4 short term goals right now to accomplish by the end of the year.) Now is the time to assess what you’ve accomplished so far and what can you realistically do in the next four months.
- Write it down. Start from scratch from where you are right now in your business and personal life and write down the 3-4 goals you will work on now.
- Create an action plan. A step-by-step action plan with timelines will keep you on target and moving forward.
- Keep your goals and plan visible. This is the time to put the pedal to the metal, so you need a visual reminder to keep you motivated and accountable.
- Check progress weekly. If you are not getting results, you need to make changes quickly so frequent check ins are necessary.
- Reward yourself. Make sure you take time to acknowledge your progress and accomplishments along the way.
Do you have any steps to add that you find helpful to stay on track? Please share your comments on what works for you.
If you are having a hard time getting motivated and creating the action plan for your goals, let me help you get started. I will give a complimentary 3o minute phone consultation to anyone who wants me to walk them through the goal planning process for one of their goals. Send me an email today!